My name is Chimamanda and I live in Lagos, Nigeria. I am very fortunate. After 3 years I am finally pregnant after only 3 months of following the
Radiant Wonder Fertility Plan and taking their herbal formulas. We are so happy.
For years doctors ...Read More
After a year of not being able to conceive, a friend told me to contact Radiant Wonder. I did, and within a month of taking the herbs, I found out I was pregnant! Sadly, we lost that pregnancy and two more but the support from Radiant Wonder continued to help me get back in shape, changing my for ...Read More
A fibroid is a non-cancerous growth that develops in or around the womb (uterus).
These growths are made up of muscle and fibrous tissue and can vary in size.
Fibroids are sometimes known as uterine fibroids, uterine myomas or leiomyomas.
Many women don’t know that they have fibroids because they don't have any symptoms. However, one in three women do experience fibroid symptoms and may have any of the following
• Heavy periods
• Painful periods – often with a lot of cramping
• Abdominal pain
• Lower back pain
• A frequent need to urinate
• Constipation and / or Loose stools during menstruation due to the increased activity of the area
• Pain or discomfort during sex
• Able to feel hard masses in the abdomen
• Experience gas or bloating
• Cold hands and/or feet
• Cold body
• Heavy bleeding or thicker blood
• Bright red or very dark colored menstrual blood
• Menstrual blood clots
• Headaches, dizziness, or fatigue
• Irritability or depression
That’s quite a list.
Fibroids are common, with around 1 in 3 women developing them at some point in their life.
They're often diagnosed during a routine gynaecological examination, test or scan.
If you have uterine fibroid symptoms, it’s best to see your Doctor so they can investigate possible causes.
If your Doctor thinks you may have fibroids, they'll usually refer you for an ultrasound scan to confirm the diagnosis.
The exact cause is unknown but they are known to be linked to the female reproductive hormone oestrogen. Oestrogen is produced by the ovaries.
Fibroids usually develop during a woman's reproductive years (most commonly from around 30 to 50 years of age) when oestrogen levels are at their highest.
They tend to shrink when oestrogen levels are low, such as after the menopause, when a woman’s monthly periods slow down and then stop.
Fibroids can grow anywhere in the womb and vary in size considerably. Some can be the size of a pea, whereas others can be the size of a melon.
The main types of fibroids are:
• Intramural fibroids – These are the most common type of fibroid. They develop in the muscle wall of the womb
• Subserosal fibroids – These fibroids develop outside the wall of the womb into the pelvis and can become very large
• Submucosal fibroids – These are fibroids that develop in the muscle layer beneath the womb's inner lining and grow into the cavity of the womb
In some cases, subserosal or submucosal fibroids are attached to the womb by a thin stalk of tissue. These are called pedunculated fibroids.
If a woman has fibroids that aren’t causing symptoms, treatment is not required. Fibroids will often shrink and disappear without treatment, particularly after the menopause.
If you do have symptoms caused by fibroids, Doctors offer medication to help relieve the symptoms.
There are also medications available to help shrink fibroids. If these don’t work, surgery or other less invasive procedures may be recommended.
If fibroids are present, Chinese Medical theory recognizes that there is a lack of communication or flow of energy in the lower abdominal area.
This also applies to any condition that creates any type of blockage in the same region such as endometriosis
• or other scar tissue.
The goal here is to allow the body to relax and break down the tissue that is not supposed to be where it is growing.
The good news is that because we use the wisdom of Chinese Medicine, we know that
• Your body is in a constant state of renewal
• Your body can regain lost health and vitality
1. Nutrition - the right herbs and some healing foods added to your diet.
• Learn what you can increase energy flow in the lower abdominal region
• Learn to eat in a way to support healing
• Open up the communication in the area with herbal formulas
• Balance the body with simple techniques
The herbal formulas, free Steps to Success Plan are all included, designed to give you the best odds for real success.